Havering schools to get building improvements after Government funding award
- Credit: Google
Nine Havering schools have been awarded Government funding for building upgrades.
Education secretary Gavin Williamson announced the latest successful bids for funding for the Condition Improvement Fund.
Among the borough’s schools to benefit are The Campion School, Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ School, Redden Court School, Emerson Park Academy and The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls.
Also receiving money are Upminster Infant School, Upminster Junior School, Drapers’ Pyrgo Priory School and Benhurst Primary School.
The funding will go towards a range of projects including heating replacements, fire safety upgrades and a roof replacement.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch and Upminster MP Julia Lopez said: “The need for better school facilities and the burden of maintenance costs are issues raised often with me on school visits.
“I am so pleased that those schools most in need of a cash boost are now getting one.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly