Havering schools to get building improvements after Government funding award
- Credit: Google
Nine Havering schools have been awarded Government funding for building upgrades.
Education secretary Gavin Williamson announced the latest successful bids for funding for the Condition Improvement Fund.
Among the borough’s schools to benefit are The Campion School, Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ School, Redden Court School, Emerson Park Academy and The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls.
Also receiving money are Upminster Infant School, Upminster Junior School, Drapers’ Pyrgo Priory School and Benhurst Primary School.
The funding will go towards a range of projects including heating replacements, fire safety upgrades and a roof replacement.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch and Upminster MP Julia Lopez said: “The need for better school facilities and the burden of maintenance costs are issues raised often with me on school visits.
“I am so pleased that those schools most in need of a cash boost are now getting one.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 6 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 9 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says