Havering schools to get building improvements after Government funding award
- Credit: Google
Nine Havering schools have been awarded Government funding for building upgrades.
Education secretary Gavin Williamson announced the latest successful bids for funding for the Condition Improvement Fund.
Among the borough’s schools to benefit are The Campion School, Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ School, Redden Court School, Emerson Park Academy and The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls.
Also receiving money are Upminster Infant School, Upminster Junior School, Drapers’ Pyrgo Priory School and Benhurst Primary School.
The funding will go towards a range of projects including heating replacements, fire safety upgrades and a roof replacement.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch and Upminster MP Julia Lopez said: “The need for better school facilities and the burden of maintenance costs are issues raised often with me on school visits.
“I am so pleased that those schools most in need of a cash boost are now getting one.”
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological