Havering school children have pens at the ready to write new calendar book
- Credit: Archant
Children from around Havering are getting creative for a new calendar including all their stories.
The calendar is being put together by the Liberty Shopping Centre, in Romford, and will include stories and pictures from 12 schools – one for each month.
Each school will write a chapter and pass the story on to the next school for them to make a contribution. It is also being published on Liberty’s website, and being recorded each week by Time FM.
The stories will be compiled in to a calendar book, with each page including a chapter, illustration and a calendar.
It will be sold at the shopping centre and proceeds will go to the Rainbow Trust charity and the Essex branch of the Marie Curie Cancer Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Sara Morton, a teacher at Towers Infants School, said: “The children were very excited to be part of The Liberty: The Story of Havering and came up with lots of different ideas before producing their chapter.
“The visit to Time FM studios was a valuable experience and the children are now looking forward to hearing themselves on the radio.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Construction of new Rainham Leisure centre pushed back to 2022