Havering school children have pens at the ready to write new calendar book
- Credit: Archant
Children from around Havering are getting creative for a new calendar including all their stories.
The calendar is being put together by the Liberty Shopping Centre, in Romford, and will include stories and pictures from 12 schools – one for each month.
Each school will write a chapter and pass the story on to the next school for them to make a contribution. It is also being published on Liberty’s website, and being recorded each week by Time FM.
The stories will be compiled in to a calendar book, with each page including a chapter, illustration and a calendar.
It will be sold at the shopping centre and proceeds will go to the Rainbow Trust charity and the Essex branch of the Marie Curie Cancer Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Sara Morton, a teacher at Towers Infants School, said: “The children were very excited to be part of The Liberty: The Story of Havering and came up with lots of different ideas before producing their chapter.
“The visit to Time FM studios was a valuable experience and the children are now looking forward to hearing themselves on the radio.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly