Havering school children have pens at the ready to write new calendar book
- Credit: Archant
Children from around Havering are getting creative for a new calendar including all their stories.
The calendar is being put together by the Liberty Shopping Centre, in Romford, and will include stories and pictures from 12 schools – one for each month.
Each school will write a chapter and pass the story on to the next school for them to make a contribution. It is also being published on Liberty’s website, and being recorded each week by Time FM.
The stories will be compiled in to a calendar book, with each page including a chapter, illustration and a calendar.
It will be sold at the shopping centre and proceeds will go to the Rainbow Trust charity and the Essex branch of the Marie Curie Cancer Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Sara Morton, a teacher at Towers Infants School, said: “The children were very excited to be part of The Liberty: The Story of Havering and came up with lots of different ideas before producing their chapter.
“The visit to Time FM studios was a valuable experience and the children are now looking forward to hearing themselves on the radio.”
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 9 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array