Havering’s answer to Question Time returns on Friday
- Credit: Havering College
For the fifth year running, Havering College presents its television week, broadcasting 24-hours-a-day on its own internet station.
Havering’s answer to Question Time returns to Havering College on Friday with panellists from across the political spectrum.
Havering Asks, chaired by BBC World Service broadcaster Fred Dove, will feature Andrew Rosindell MP (Cons), Ivana Bartoletti (Lab), Craig Bennett (Friends of the Earth) and Rania Hafez (Muslim Institute) – discussing a range of issues from recent events in Paris and Syria to the price of plastic bags.
The event, which is part of the college’s television week, has helped previous students secure places at university and enhanced job applications.
“It’s the biggest thing any of us students have ever done before so it’s going to be exciting,” said the show’s director, college student Julius Grut.
You may also want to watch:
The college’s television week started yesterday (Tues) and features special live programmes every day until Friday.
A crew of 32 students will work to broadcast documentaries, dramas, debates and music videos.
- 1 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 6 Havering pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Fundraiser launched for £1,500 to buy Elm Park defibrillator
- 8 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 9 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 10 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
Andy Popperwell, executive editor of the show and media lecturer at the college, said: “Havering Asks is as close as we can get to a fully professional production, with seven cameras, lights, sound and more.”
All shows can be viewed live by visiting hcronair.com or haveringasks.co.uk/haveringasks
Havering Asks will be live from 2.30pm to 3.30pm on December 4.