Havering recruitment firm offers experience to young people
- Credit: photo: Arnaud Stephenson
A recruitment firm is celebrating the first anniversary of a training academy for young people.
Last year Total Assist in Eastern Road, Romford, invited 12 trainees through its doors and taught them how to be the best in the business.
Now that one-off course has become an institution.
Sue Price-Hardy has been in the business for many years and is in charge of internal recruitment at Total Assist.
“We are targeting young people who are looking to get into the industry,” she explained.
You may also want to watch:
“It can be hard to get a job if you have no experience and we are offering that experience.”
The academy is an intensive nine week course and those who complete it are offered a job.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 3 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 6 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 8 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 9 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 10 Hornchurch gym sees 'growing trend' of members post-lockdown
“There isn’t anything else like this in Havering that I know of,” Mrs Price-Hardy said.
Applications for the next academy close this weekend. Call 01708 388094 for more information.