Havering recruitment firm offers experience to young people
- Credit: photo: Arnaud Stephenson
A recruitment firm is celebrating the first anniversary of a training academy for young people.
Last year Total Assist in Eastern Road, Romford, invited 12 trainees through its doors and taught them how to be the best in the business.
Now that one-off course has become an institution.
Sue Price-Hardy has been in the business for many years and is in charge of internal recruitment at Total Assist.
“We are targeting young people who are looking to get into the industry,” she explained.
You may also want to watch:
“It can be hard to get a job if you have no experience and we are offering that experience.”
The academy is an intensive nine week course and those who complete it are offered a job.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 5 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 6 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 7 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 8 Hornchurch Athletic captain excited by league switch and a new sponsorship deal
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
“There isn’t anything else like this in Havering that I know of,” Mrs Price-Hardy said.
Applications for the next academy close this weekend. Call 01708 388094 for more information.