Havering recruitment firm offers experience to young people
- Credit: photo: Arnaud Stephenson
A recruitment firm is celebrating the first anniversary of a training academy for young people.
Last year Total Assist in Eastern Road, Romford, invited 12 trainees through its doors and taught them how to be the best in the business.
Now that one-off course has become an institution.
Sue Price-Hardy has been in the business for many years and is in charge of internal recruitment at Total Assist.
“We are targeting young people who are looking to get into the industry,” she explained.
You may also want to watch:
“It can be hard to get a job if you have no experience and we are offering that experience.”
The academy is an intensive nine week course and those who complete it are offered a job.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 10 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
“There isn’t anything else like this in Havering that I know of,” Mrs Price-Hardy said.
Applications for the next academy close this weekend. Call 01708 388094 for more information.