Havering recruitment firm offers experience to young people
- Credit: photo: Arnaud Stephenson
A recruitment firm is celebrating the first anniversary of a training academy for young people.
Last year Total Assist in Eastern Road, Romford, invited 12 trainees through its doors and taught them how to be the best in the business.
Now that one-off course has become an institution.
Sue Price-Hardy has been in the business for many years and is in charge of internal recruitment at Total Assist.
“We are targeting young people who are looking to get into the industry,” she explained.
“It can be hard to get a job if you have no experience and we are offering that experience.”
The academy is an intensive nine week course and those who complete it are offered a job.
- 1 Shop worker racially abused in Brentwood Tesco
- 2 Man dies after Romford car park incident
- 3 Stakeholders' silence over Romford's The Liberty sale reports
- 4 Cranham woman ‘near to tears’ after 7.5-hour wait with painful tooth infection
- 5 Dispersal order enforced in Romford as crime increases
- 6 Harold Hill venue named best banqueting suite of the year with award
- 7 Property spotlight: The origins of Havering’s planned garden city
- 8 Fried chicken chain Popeyes to open Romford restaurant
- 9 Estate agency opens first Havering branch in Hornchurch
- 10 9 great ways to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
“There isn’t anything else like this in Havering that I know of,” Mrs Price-Hardy said.
Applications for the next academy close this weekend. Call 01708 388094 for more information.