Havering recruitment firm offers experience to young people
- Credit: photo: Arnaud Stephenson
A recruitment firm is celebrating the first anniversary of a training academy for young people.
Last year Total Assist in Eastern Road, Romford, invited 12 trainees through its doors and taught them how to be the best in the business.
Now that one-off course has become an institution.
Sue Price-Hardy has been in the business for many years and is in charge of internal recruitment at Total Assist.
“We are targeting young people who are looking to get into the industry,” she explained.
You may also want to watch:
“It can be hard to get a job if you have no experience and we are offering that experience.”
The academy is an intensive nine week course and those who complete it are offered a job.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
“There isn’t anything else like this in Havering that I know of,” Mrs Price-Hardy said.
Applications for the next academy close this weekend. Call 01708 388094 for more information.