Havering free school meals scheme to return during May half term
- Credit: PA
Free school meals are being provided to families in need during the upcoming May half term.
Adopting an identical approach to previous breaks, eligible families could receive £15 per child from Havering Council to cover meal costs during the week off.
This scheme was in place for last year's autumn half term, with £30 available for the Christmas holidays.
Council leader Damian White says this scheme shows an "ongoing support" to residents.
“Whether it be support with meals during the school holidays, help with heating homes or assistance getting food and medicines, I am proud that the council continues to go above and beyond to help our most vulnerable families through this crisis.”
Families that have previously received a payment do not need to reapply and will automatically receive the funds by Thursday, May 20, with those making a new application expected to receive payments by Tuesday, June 1.
Applications are open from 9am on Monday, May 17 to 5pm on Monday, May 24.
May half term in Havering is from May 31 to June 4.
For more information, visit havering.gov.uk/covid19mealsupport.
- 1 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 2 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 3 Plans submitted for 35,000sqm of commercial floorspace in first phase of Rainham industrial estate redevelopment
- 4 Havering drivers pay more than £12m in traffic fines in less than a decade
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 7 ‘Every second there was less tree’: Historical oak trees along railway cut back
- 8 'So proud': Romford pupils achieve top grades in LAMDA exams
- 9 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Taco Bell asks permission to open at ex-Thomas Cook site in Hornchurch