Havering free school meals scheme to return during May half term
- Credit: PA
Free school meals are being provided to families in need during the upcoming May half term.
Adopting an identical approach to previous breaks, eligible families could receive £15 per child from Havering Council to cover meal costs during the week off.
This scheme was in place for last year's autumn half term, with £30 available for the Christmas holidays.
Council leader Damian White says this scheme shows an "ongoing support" to residents.
“Whether it be support with meals during the school holidays, help with heating homes or assistance getting food and medicines, I am proud that the council continues to go above and beyond to help our most vulnerable families through this crisis.”
Families that have previously received a payment do not need to reapply and will automatically receive the funds by Thursday, May 20, with those making a new application expected to receive payments by Tuesday, June 1.
You may also want to watch:
Applications are open from 9am on Monday, May 17 to 5pm on Monday, May 24.
May half term in Havering is from May 31 to June 4.
For more information, visit havering.gov.uk/covid19mealsupport.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 7 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 8 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer