Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Credit: Google Images
In Havering there are currently two Ofsted-rated outstanding secondary schools.
Ofsted is a regulatory body that inspects a range of institutions, judging them as either outstanding, good, requires improvement or inadequate.
Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ School, Upminster
This catholic girls’ school provides a learning community which says it puts a relationship with God and family; an appreciation of uniqueness, differences and independence of thought; and encourages self-discipline and confident leadership at its heart.
Catering to girls aged 11 to 18, at the time of the report, the school had 826 pupils.
You may also want to watch:
It was rated outstanding on November 21, 2013 by Ofsted.
Hall Mead School, Upminster
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 3 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
At the time of the outstanding rating in March 2013, this school had 1,005 students aged 11 to 16.
This mixed secondary school says it provides quality education and support to pupils in Year 7 through to Year 11.
According to its website, it prides itself on and owes its outstanding Ofsted rating to the quality of its staff.