Full class of Havering students make history with university offers
- Credit: Julia Borland
Medics programme students at a sixth-form in Havering have all received a university offer to study medicine, dentistry or veterinary science.
The students, from New City College’s Havering Sixth Form campus in Hornchurch, have made history within the sixth-form, becoming the first-ever group to all secure such a place at university.
This is no easy feat as the “prestigious courses and medical schools are notoriously difficult to get into”, New City College said.
Group principal and chief executive of New City College, Gerry McDonald, said: “It is a real tribute to the hard work of the students and their teachers.”
Along with seven current students, three of the 10 students left college last year to take a gap year, but have been offered places for September 2021 entry.
You may also want to watch:
This includes student Angelica Thompson’s place at the Royal Veterinary College, Ella Berner’s dentistry offer at King’s College London, and for Darcia Khaled a dentistry course at Cardiff University.
Medical student offers include Dovydas Mackevius and Nicholas Johnson at the University of East Anglia, alongside Alexandra Catana at that university for a gateway course; Aliya Auguste’s at the University of Birmingham; Charlene Kazibwe’s at King’s College London for an extended course; Sumaiya Begum’s at the University of Leicester, and Nicky Ahadi’s place at the University of Exeter.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 7 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 8 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 9 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 10 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit