Havering hounds: Back from the brink and looking for a home
Two dogs that were bound for the great kennel in the sky before being saved by a pet charity are now looking for new homes.
Boisterous Stitch, a petite Staffie cross, was nearly put to sleep by his owners who found him too hard to handle.
Now Donna Evans, founder of Hornchurch Animal Rescue, is looking for a resident to take him, or for sponsorship to fund his care,
Donna said: “We are desperate to find a home with someone who can help shape his puppy-like behaviour and give him plenty of mental and physical stimulation.”
Stitch is lively but has shown no signs of aggression since being in the local kennels, Donna said.
You may also want to watch:
Bruce, the Staffordshire bull terrier who was found severely emaciated wandering Main Road, Romford, back in January is still in need of a home.
The lucky hound has been nursed back to good health and is ready to be re-homed.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 5 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 6 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Police unit for 'high-harm' crimes tackles hike in domestic incidents
- 9 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
“Bruce has a fantastic nature and although still a little nervous of situations at first he loves people,” said Donna.
“We are sad that our lovely Bruce is still in rescue seeking his forever home. The handsome boy is such a fantastic character.”
Due to his size, Bruce would be best suited to a home with children over 12; he is good with other dogs.
Previous dogs helped by the serivce include Buddy, the golden retriever, who needed �3000 in order to restore his sight.
With Recorder readers’ help, the money was raised, and Buddy is living happily in Hornchurch with his new owner.
If you could sponsor or give Stitch or Bruce a home, please text STITCH or BRUCE to 07523 180744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.