Havering hounds: Back from the brink and looking for a home
Two dogs that were bound for the great kennel in the sky before being saved by a pet charity are now looking for new homes.
Boisterous Stitch, a petite Staffie cross, was nearly put to sleep by his owners who found him too hard to handle.
Now Donna Evans, founder of Hornchurch Animal Rescue, is looking for a resident to take him, or for sponsorship to fund his care,
Donna said: “We are desperate to find a home with someone who can help shape his puppy-like behaviour and give him plenty of mental and physical stimulation.”
Stitch is lively but has shown no signs of aggression since being in the local kennels, Donna said.
You may also want to watch:
Bruce, the Staffordshire bull terrier who was found severely emaciated wandering Main Road, Romford, back in January is still in need of a home.
The lucky hound has been nursed back to good health and is ready to be re-homed.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
“Bruce has a fantastic nature and although still a little nervous of situations at first he loves people,” said Donna.
“We are sad that our lovely Bruce is still in rescue seeking his forever home. The handsome boy is such a fantastic character.”
Due to his size, Bruce would be best suited to a home with children over 12; he is good with other dogs.
Previous dogs helped by the serivce include Buddy, the golden retriever, who needed �3000 in order to restore his sight.
With Recorder readers’ help, the money was raised, and Buddy is living happily in Hornchurch with his new owner.
If you could sponsor or give Stitch or Bruce a home, please text STITCH or BRUCE to 07523 180744 or email email@example.com.