Havering hounds: Back from the brink and looking for a home
Two dogs that were bound for the great kennel in the sky before being saved by a pet charity are now looking for new homes.
Boisterous Stitch, a petite Staffie cross, was nearly put to sleep by his owners who found him too hard to handle.
Now Donna Evans, founder of Hornchurch Animal Rescue, is looking for a resident to take him, or for sponsorship to fund his care,
Donna said: “We are desperate to find a home with someone who can help shape his puppy-like behaviour and give him plenty of mental and physical stimulation.”
Stitch is lively but has shown no signs of aggression since being in the local kennels, Donna said.
You may also want to watch:
Bruce, the Staffordshire bull terrier who was found severely emaciated wandering Main Road, Romford, back in January is still in need of a home.
The lucky hound has been nursed back to good health and is ready to be re-homed.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 9 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
“Bruce has a fantastic nature and although still a little nervous of situations at first he loves people,” said Donna.
“We are sad that our lovely Bruce is still in rescue seeking his forever home. The handsome boy is such a fantastic character.”
Due to his size, Bruce would be best suited to a home with children over 12; he is good with other dogs.
Previous dogs helped by the serivce include Buddy, the golden retriever, who needed �3000 in order to restore his sight.
With Recorder readers’ help, the money was raised, and Buddy is living happily in Hornchurch with his new owner.
If you could sponsor or give Stitch or Bruce a home, please text STITCH or BRUCE to 07523 180744 or email email@example.com.