Havering college students perform at Queen’s Theatre for end of year show
Dance and musical theatre students wowed their audience as they tapped, pirouetted and showed off their acting skills at their end of year show.
Students from Havering College of Further and Higher Education, Ardleigh Green Road, Hornchurch, took their talent out of the classroom and showcased their hard work at Queen’s Theatre in front of friends and family, college governors, principal Maria Thompson, as well as retiring former Mayor of Havering, Cllr Eric Munday.
Havering College holds Artsmark Gold status from Arts Council England in recognition of its commitment to and excellence in arts education.
Elaine O’Connor, college curriculum manager for performing arts, said: “I am very proud of all the students, some of whom will be progressing on to university or our HNC and HND dance courses at the college.
“Some of our learners come to us with very little experience and their skills develop tremendously throughout their course.”
You may also want to watch:
For further details on dance and musical theatre courses at the college visit havering-college.ac.uk.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 7 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Havering South is one of the best vaccination teams in the country
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens