Harold Wood school proud of its work following “good” Ofsted rating
The headteacher of a Harold Wood school, which received a good rating with outstanding features, said he is proud of the school’s work.
Redden Court School, in Cotswold Road, received top marks for pupils’ behaviour, attendance and the extent to which they feel safe.
The report said the school had been on a “significant upward trend in achievement since the last inspection.”
Inspectors were also impressed after speaking to pupils who said they felt they learn a lot in lessons and that teachers explain how they can improve their work.
Lead inspector Victor Bensilum said in his report: “During the last two years, teaching has moved into a higher gear, with more outstanding practice and predominantly good learning.
You may also want to watch:
“A culture of high expectations permeates lessons and students know they are responsible for how well they achieve.
“Teachers value their professional development because it is supportive and practical; leadership and management of teaching and learning are outstanding and continue to contribute to improving standards.”
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
He added that standards are above average in some subjects including English and science, and progress exceeds that seen nationally in several subjects.
Paul Ward, headteacher at the school, said: “This is an amazing achievement for us. Our school was inspected less than two years ago and has proved itself to be rapidly improving.
“We are extremely proud and absolutely delighted with the Ofsted judgement. As a community we have all worked together to create a really good school for the young people of Harold Wood and Ardleigh Green.”
He added that the judgement was a recognition of the school’s journey of improvement. “We will be continuing with determination, dedication and commitment to achieving an outstanding judgement from Ofsted in the future.”