Harold Hill headteacher soaked in the stocks during school fun day
- Credit: Archant
Children had the chance to soak their headteacher when he was in the stocks on Saturday.
Malcolm Drakes agreed to be a target during Broadford Primary School’s fun day and was soaked by pupils and the Mayor of Havering, Cllr Eric Munday.
The school, in Faringdon Avenue, raised £1,200 and there were more than 25 stalls run by Havco volunteers. Children also had the chance to sit in a fire engine from Harold Hill Station.
Malcolm said: “We had a fantastic response from parents, staff, pupils and governors this year which helped to ensure it was our most successful fete to date.
“With £1,200 raised so far the school will really benefit from the generous support of the school community.
You may also want to watch:
“All year the fundraising group expanded their events and this was a great finale to a year of hard work!”
- 1 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 2 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 3 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 4 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 5 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 6 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 9 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 10 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows