“Good” news for Havering school
A Havering primary is celebrating after a recent Ofsted inspection found the school was “good”.
Impressed inspectors said Rise Park Infant School, in Annan Way, was “successfully developing pupils’ self esteem and raising achievement”, following an assessment last month.
The team also commented on “the welcoming and stimulating environment in which children are closely supported, settle quickly and enjoy learning”.
Headteacher Carolyn Fox said: “Everyone is delighted with this very positive outcome – the whole school team have been working extremely hard to ensure that we secure good results and offer a provision that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of every pupil”.
The chairman of governors Justin Barrett added “The leadership team and staff within the school have worked incredibly hard to achieve this result. This outcome clearly demonstrates the efforts that have been made and sets the benchmark for Rise Park Infant School to reach its aspiration of moving from a good to an outstanding school.
You may also want to watch:
The school is also introducing the International Primary Curriculum in September, which offers a creative, thematic approach to learning, in order to widen pupils’ first-hand experiences and broaden their cultural awareness.
One of the themes for 2012 will be the Olympics, when all the children will be working together as a school team to learn about the event.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 6 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 7 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 10 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence