Gidea Park pupils launch smart phone app
Schoolchildren from Gidea Park have helped create a smart phone app giving users an interactive guide to Romford and the surrounding areas.
Pupils from The Royal Liberty School for Boys talked to residents about themes, such as The Good Old Days, Local Landmarks and Transport and Journeys as part of the We Spy Project in conjunction with the C&T Theatre Company.
The Stratar app, which was launched last week, features a map based on the London Underground with each line featuring interviews, videos, drama and stories on a different theme.
Pupils from the school are already using the app but they hope tourists and residents will take advantage of its features. Fiona Burgess, of C&T Theatre Company, said: “We are delighted the app is now being used by students at Royal Liberty School, and we hope others can benefit from using this alternative guide to the area.”
Since winning a �10,000 National Lottery bid to put their community on the map the school has hosted community open space events enabling the students to engage with people living in the local area.
Students also visited Romford to document the lives and opinions of people visiting, working or living in the area.
The app is now ready to use, aside from a few updates.
- 1 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 2 Apology issued after NHS nurse 'was failed by short-staffed Queen's Hospital maternity ward'
- 3 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 4 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 5 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
- 6 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 7 13 flats and three commercial units in new four-storey block approved for Romford town centre
- 8 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 9 NEU brands restructure 'detrimental' while trust says union 'not putting pupils first': Harold Hill school strikes resume
- 10 Hornchurch man given three-year football banning order for Nazi salutes
Visit www.stratar.net on your smart phone, user-name: Royal Liberty School, Password: Olympics, to check it out.