Gidea Park pupils launch smart phone app
Schoolchildren from Gidea Park have helped create a smart phone app giving users an interactive guide to Romford and the surrounding areas.
Pupils from The Royal Liberty School for Boys talked to residents about themes, such as The Good Old Days, Local Landmarks and Transport and Journeys as part of the We Spy Project in conjunction with the C&T Theatre Company.
The Stratar app, which was launched last week, features a map based on the London Underground with each line featuring interviews, videos, drama and stories on a different theme.
Pupils from the school are already using the app but they hope tourists and residents will take advantage of its features. Fiona Burgess, of C&T Theatre Company, said: “We are delighted the app is now being used by students at Royal Liberty School, and we hope others can benefit from using this alternative guide to the area.”
Since winning a �10,000 National Lottery bid to put their community on the map the school has hosted community open space events enabling the students to engage with people living in the local area.
You may also want to watch:
Students also visited Romford to document the lives and opinions of people visiting, working or living in the area.
The app is now ready to use, aside from a few updates.
- 1 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 9 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 10 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
Visit www.stratar.net on your smart phone, user-name: Royal Liberty School, Password: Olympics, to check it out.