Gidea Park pupils launch smart phone app
Schoolchildren from Gidea Park have helped create a smart phone app giving users an interactive guide to Romford and the surrounding areas.
Pupils from The Royal Liberty School for Boys talked to residents about themes, such as The Good Old Days, Local Landmarks and Transport and Journeys as part of the We Spy Project in conjunction with the C&T Theatre Company.
The Stratar app, which was launched last week, features a map based on the London Underground with each line featuring interviews, videos, drama and stories on a different theme.
Pupils from the school are already using the app but they hope tourists and residents will take advantage of its features. Fiona Burgess, of C&T Theatre Company, said: “We are delighted the app is now being used by students at Royal Liberty School, and we hope others can benefit from using this alternative guide to the area.”
Since winning a �10,000 National Lottery bid to put their community on the map the school has hosted community open space events enabling the students to engage with people living in the local area.
You may also want to watch:
Students also visited Romford to document the lives and opinions of people visiting, working or living in the area.
The app is now ready to use, aside from a few updates.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
Visit www.stratar.net on your smart phone, user-name: Royal Liberty School, Password: Olympics, to check it out.