Get into Fashion: Get voting for your favourite face
A record 482 of the most beautiful people from Havering and beyond were scouted in the Get into Fashion model competition at The Mercury Mall Romford - and now it’s time to vote.
Recorder readers were able to pick their favourites when the catwalk wannabes appeared in a special Recorder feature last Friday.
It followed three intensive scouting days earlier this month.
But if you missed it, the Mercury Mall has displayed pictures of contestants on level one.
You have until 5pm on Sunday October 2 to get your votes in, using forms from the this Friday’s paper.
You may also want to watch:
“With so many people entered, we are expecting it to a bumper year for votes too”, said Sarah de Courcy Rolls, deputy manager at The Mercury. “Just one vote could make all the difference.”
All votes must be sent on the official coupon cut from the Recorder; photocopies are not allowed.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 8 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 9 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
The most popular and promising contestants will be invited to a casting session in The Mercury on Sunday October 9, where they will appear before a panel of expert judges.
A total of 25 finalists will take part in fashion shows on Saturday October 22 and Sunday October 23.
At the final show, the overall winners will be chosen and have the opportunity for test photoshoots and potential placements with the top London children’s model agency Truly Scrumptious and East Anglia & London [adult] agency Sandra Reynolds.
The competition is organised in association with the Recorder, Sandra Reynolds Model Agency, and Truly Scrumptious Child Model Agency.
The Mercury will be giving �700 of vouchers, which will be shared among the winners.