Gallery: Havering schools celebrate World Book Day.
- Credit: Archant
Pupils dress up as their favourite characters to encourage reading.
The children of Harold Court Primary School, in Church Road, Harold Wood arrived at school in full costume.
Harry Potter, Batman and Oompa Loompas listened intently as teachers read out their favourite stories.
The award for best costume was given to 11-year-old George Philpotts, from Harold Park, who dressed as Jack, from David Walliams’ debut children’s novel A boy in a dress.
At Drapers’ Brookside Junior School, in Dagnam Park Drive, Harold Hill, pupils also dressed up.
You may also want to watch:
They read their favourite books with the help of teachers, who dressed as Cruella de Vil and other characters.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 3 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 7 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 8 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 9 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 10 Inadequate-graded Rainham care home reported to CQC by own staff