Fundraisers take the lead to help hospice
It was a dog day afternoon for many eager pooches and their owners who took part in St Francis Hospice Wags and Tails sponsored walk.
More than 150 animals took part in the 3.5km walk at Ingatestone Hall, Brentwood, which is expected to raise around �5,000 for patient care.
They were also treated to a display by the Ajax Dog Team, a demonstration of Rally O by the Brentwood & District Dog Training Society and a fly ball display from TOP DOG trainers.
The Mayor of Brentwood, Cllr Joan Holmes – who has chosen the Havering-atte-Bower hospice as one of her charities of the year – was joined by Lord Petre, Lord Lieutenant of Essex, to set the walkers on their way on Sunday September 25.
Hospice fundraiser Sue Wilson, from Hornchurch, took part with her Labrador Rosie.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was good to take Rosie for a walk somewhere different and see so many dogs and their owners supporting Saint Francis.
“I know through working at the hospice what a difference the care our medical teams provide means to local people.”
- 1 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 6 Havering pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Fundraiser launched for £1,500 to buy Elm Park defibrillator
- 8 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 9 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 10 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
Nicky and Ian Dixon, from Hornchurch, their daughters Daisy, nine, and Ruby, five, Nicky’s parents Sandra and Mick Allan, and their dogs Oscar and Molly took part.
Nicky said: “Everyone knows somebody that’s had help from the hospice or has been there, and they offer so many services.
“I think it’s a really good cause, it’s local and you know where the money is going.”
n If you would like to find out about other hospice fundraising events please visit www.sfh.org.uk email email@example.com or call 01708 771427.