Ex-Pupil opens Whybridge Infant School’s Olympic week
A former pupil visited Whybridge Infant School with an Olympic Flame to open the school’s Olympic week.
Ex-pupil Danielle Giles visited Whybridge Infant School, Ford Lane, Rainham, with an Olympic Flame to open the school’s Olympic week on Monday.
Danielle, 22, Vice President of Sport and Healthy Living for the Bangor Students’ Union, was selected to represent the games by Bangor and carry an Olympic style torch through the school much to the children’s delight.
Head Teacher, Ian Bakmann-Madsen prepared the children last week when he told them that they would be having a torch relay with an Olympic flame.
The children then excitedly waited for Danielle to pay them a visit.
You may also want to watch:
On the day, the children made their own Olympic torches which they could wave as a means of celebration, preparing them for next month’s momentous games.
The children formed a line which Danielle ran alongside before she announced that the ceremony was now open.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 9 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 10 Shaken Not Stirred: James Bond fan co-founds group and brings thousands of 007 lovers together
The children had learnt the national anthem for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee so by now they are fully-pledged professionals and were ready to sing their hearts out.
They sang ‘God Save The Queen’ and had chosen different countries of their choice to cheer along, which some carried the flags for.
Danielle spent Friday in Malkham, Blackpool, when the Olympic Torch passed through the town and she will be attending Henry Green School, Chittys Lane, Dagenham, later this week.