Elvis-impersonating dentist cures Hornchurch engineer of career frustrations and toothache
- Credit: Archant
A former RAF engineer is making a dramatic career change after receiving emergency dental work from an American Elvis impersonator and is now off to university.
Spencer Carter, of Hornchurch, was bored in his career and a change was always on his mind. But he finally plucked up the courage to switch paths during a holiday in Florida.
The 33-year-old has been accepted into the prestigious King’s College London, in the Strand, to study dental surgery after passing an access to higher education course at City and Islington College, in Islington, this week.
Dr Vincent Grosso, a dentist in Kissimmee, Florida, inspired him to change careers when he treated Spencer for chronic toothache.
Spencer selected the rocking dentist after noticing on his website that he moonlights as the rock ‘n’ roll hero after hours.
You may also want to watch:
“He was quite public about the fact that when his scrubs come off at the end of the day, the silver jumpsuit goes on – but never the twain shall meet,” Spencer said.
“I came away thinking that he’s everything I wanted in a dentist.”
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 5 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 6 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 9 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 10 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park
While Dr Grosso may have convinced Spencer he could have a dentistry career while having a vibrant social life, Spencer denied that he would be donning a jumpsuit after hours.