Elm Park school delighted with “good” Ofsted rating
- Credit: Archant
A school which has “developed a supportive and challenging culture” for pupils has been awarded a “good” Ofsted rating.
Teachers and pupils at Elm Park Primary School, South End Road, Elm Park, were delighted when they found out the school was given the rating following an inspection last month.
Victoria Morris, who has been headteacher at the school for about 10 years, said: “We are over the moon.
“We are happy that we are being recognised as a good school that is working hard to achieve the best we can and that we are going from strength to strength.”
The school has been deemed as “good” in all aspects including quality of teaching, personal development and effectiveness of leadership and management.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the school was rated as “requires improvement”.
To improve, the report says the school needs to “ensure that teaching is consistently supporting pupils in their understanding of calculating numbers” and to “increase the rigour in checking up on how well pupils are doing”.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
Victoria said: “We were disappointed with our last inspection because we knew we were on our way to becoming a good school.
“What I’m pleased with most about the report is that it says that we understand what needs to be done for us to achieve the wonderful accolade of “outstanding”.
“We focus on growing good people at this school and preparing them for their future.
We know we are on the right path and are determined to reach our aim.”