Elm Park school delighted with “good” Ofsted rating
- Credit: Archant
A school which has “developed a supportive and challenging culture” for pupils has been awarded a “good” Ofsted rating.
Teachers and pupils at Elm Park Primary School, South End Road, Elm Park, were delighted when they found out the school was given the rating following an inspection last month.
Victoria Morris, who has been headteacher at the school for about 10 years, said: “We are over the moon.
“We are happy that we are being recognised as a good school that is working hard to achieve the best we can and that we are going from strength to strength.”
The school has been deemed as “good” in all aspects including quality of teaching, personal development and effectiveness of leadership and management.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the school was rated as “requires improvement”.
To improve, the report says the school needs to “ensure that teaching is consistently supporting pupils in their understanding of calculating numbers” and to “increase the rigour in checking up on how well pupils are doing”.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 9 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 10 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park
Victoria said: “We were disappointed with our last inspection because we knew we were on our way to becoming a good school.
“What I’m pleased with most about the report is that it says that we understand what needs to be done for us to achieve the wonderful accolade of “outstanding”.
“We focus on growing good people at this school and preparing them for their future.
We know we are on the right path and are determined to reach our aim.”