Elm Park school delighted with “good” Ofsted rating
- Credit: Archant
A school which has “developed a supportive and challenging culture” for pupils has been awarded a “good” Ofsted rating.
Teachers and pupils at Elm Park Primary School, South End Road, Elm Park, were delighted when they found out the school was given the rating following an inspection last month.
Victoria Morris, who has been headteacher at the school for about 10 years, said: “We are over the moon.
“We are happy that we are being recognised as a good school that is working hard to achieve the best we can and that we are going from strength to strength.”
The school has been deemed as “good” in all aspects including quality of teaching, personal development and effectiveness of leadership and management.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the school was rated as “requires improvement”.
To improve, the report says the school needs to “ensure that teaching is consistently supporting pupils in their understanding of calculating numbers” and to “increase the rigour in checking up on how well pupils are doing”.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 5 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 6 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Police unit for 'high-harm' crimes tackles hike in domestic incidents
- 9 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
Victoria said: “We were disappointed with our last inspection because we knew we were on our way to becoming a good school.
“What I’m pleased with most about the report is that it says that we understand what needs to be done for us to achieve the wonderful accolade of “outstanding”.
“We focus on growing good people at this school and preparing them for their future.
We know we are on the right path and are determined to reach our aim.”