Elm Park school delighted with “good” Ofsted rating
- Credit: Archant
A school which has “developed a supportive and challenging culture” for pupils has been awarded a “good” Ofsted rating.
Teachers and pupils at Elm Park Primary School, South End Road, Elm Park, were delighted when they found out the school was given the rating following an inspection last month.
Victoria Morris, who has been headteacher at the school for about 10 years, said: “We are over the moon.
“We are happy that we are being recognised as a good school that is working hard to achieve the best we can and that we are going from strength to strength.”
The school has been deemed as “good” in all aspects including quality of teaching, personal development and effectiveness of leadership and management.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the school was rated as “requires improvement”.
To improve, the report says the school needs to “ensure that teaching is consistently supporting pupils in their understanding of calculating numbers” and to “increase the rigour in checking up on how well pupils are doing”.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
Victoria said: “We were disappointed with our last inspection because we knew we were on our way to becoming a good school.
“What I’m pleased with most about the report is that it says that we understand what needs to be done for us to achieve the wonderful accolade of “outstanding”.
“We focus on growing good people at this school and preparing them for their future.
We know we are on the right path and are determined to reach our aim.”