Drapers’ Brookside school in Harold Hill celebrates good Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
Drapers’ Brookside Junior School staff and pupils are this week celebrating the release of a glowing Ofsted report.
The school, in Dagnam Park Drive, Harold Hill, has received a “good provider” rating, following a full two day inspection in July.
Inspectors were impressed with the school, and observed that pupils are making good progress in English and maths, resulting in a sharp rise in standards across all year groups.
Ofsted said of the pupils “[they] feel safe, behave well and are eager to learn. Pupils’ personal development and welfare is good. They leave the school well prepared for the next stages of their lives”.
The school said: “To see Ofsted recognise there being ‘a strong sense of harmony and respect in this close knit community,’ is wonderful, and emphasises our standing in the heart of Harold Hill.”
You may also want to watch:
Executive principal Angela Winch added: “We are delighted to see that Ofsted recognise the continued commitment and hard work of all the staff.”
- 1 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 2 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 3 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Stubbers Adventure Centre and SYM Sailing Club clash over lake
- 6 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 7 Leisure Centre manager named 'hero of Havering' for BBC community award
- 8 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
- 9 'He has to go': Ex-Tory councillor to take on council leader at next election
- 10 Drive-in cinema comes to Brentwood