Drapers’ Brookside school in Harold Hill celebrates good Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
Drapers’ Brookside Junior School staff and pupils are this week celebrating the release of a glowing Ofsted report.
The school, in Dagnam Park Drive, Harold Hill, has received a “good provider” rating, following a full two day inspection in July.
Inspectors were impressed with the school, and observed that pupils are making good progress in English and maths, resulting in a sharp rise in standards across all year groups.
Ofsted said of the pupils “[they] feel safe, behave well and are eager to learn. Pupils’ personal development and welfare is good. They leave the school well prepared for the next stages of their lives”.
The school said: “To see Ofsted recognise there being ‘a strong sense of harmony and respect in this close knit community,’ is wonderful, and emphasises our standing in the heart of Harold Hill.”
You may also want to watch:
Executive principal Angela Winch added: “We are delighted to see that Ofsted recognise the continued commitment and hard work of all the staff.”
- 1 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 2 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 7 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 10 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016