Drapers’ Brookside school in Harold Hill celebrates good Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
Drapers’ Brookside Junior School staff and pupils are this week celebrating the release of a glowing Ofsted report.
The school, in Dagnam Park Drive, Harold Hill, has received a “good provider” rating, following a full two day inspection in July.
Inspectors were impressed with the school, and observed that pupils are making good progress in English and maths, resulting in a sharp rise in standards across all year groups.
Ofsted said of the pupils “[they] feel safe, behave well and are eager to learn. Pupils’ personal development and welfare is good. They leave the school well prepared for the next stages of their lives”.
The school said: “To see Ofsted recognise there being ‘a strong sense of harmony and respect in this close knit community,’ is wonderful, and emphasises our standing in the heart of Harold Hill.”
You may also want to watch:
Executive principal Angela Winch added: “We are delighted to see that Ofsted recognise the continued commitment and hard work of all the staff.”
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 4 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 5 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 6 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham