Find out how your child’s Havering school fared in latest GCSE league tables
- Credit: Archant
Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ School has been named the top performing school in Havering.
Yesterday (Thursday) the Department for Education (DforE) published secondary school league tables, featuring the results of students sitting GCSEs in English and maths last year.
The tables use raw GCSE results and a raft of data from the DforE to evaluate how well pupils progress in a school since starting in secondary school and sitting their exams – resulting in Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores.
Progress 8 scores are centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -1 to +1. The data shows how many schools have missed the government’s floor standard of -0.5.
With a Progress 8 Score of +0.9, the value added score of pupils at Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ from primary school to GCSE is the highest in Camden, while The Campion School also scored highly.
You may also want to watch:
Overall performance at end of key stage 4 in 2018 (Progress 8):
‘Well above average’:
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 9 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 10 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ School: 0.9
The Campion School: 0.57
The Coopers’ Company and Coborn School: 0.39
Harris Academy Rainham: 0.36
St Edward’s School: 0.2
The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls: 0.18
The Royal Liberty School: -0.01
Redden Court School: -0.07
Hall Mead School: -0.15
Gaynes School: -0.22
Sanders School: -0.24
Abbs Cross Academy and Arts College: -0.29
Hornchurch High School: -0.37
Emerson Park Academy: -0.4
Marshalls Park Academy: -0.42
Bower Park Academy: -0.44
‘Well below average’:
Drapers’ Academy: -0.67
The Brittons Academy: -0.82
No data is available for independent schools or schools which did not have pupils sit GCSEs this year.