CORRECTION: Harold Hill lights switch-on on Thursday Dec 8
Let there be light!
Residents in Harold Hill can see the switching on of its Christmas lights on Thursday December 8 - not next Friday December 2, as reported in this week’s Recorder.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
The celebrations at Hilldene Shopping Centre will be from 4pm to 6pm.
Santa will be in his grotto, waiting for youngsters’ festive wish lists.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be entertainment from Drapers’ Academy and Pyrgo Priory school choirs; performances by the Havering Majorettes, Phoenix Blue Twirlers and Kryptic Fusion.
Face-painting, magicians and circus acts are sure to get everyone in the party mood.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 7 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Havering South is one of the best vaccination teams in the country
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
Havering Council is holding children’s crafts workshops in Harold Hill Library where creative youngsters can make their own Christmas decorations. These run from 3.30pm until 5pm and are on a first-come, first- served basis.