CORRECTION: Harold Hill lights switch-on on Thursday Dec 8
Let there be light!
Residents in Harold Hill can see the switching on of its Christmas lights on Thursday December 8 - not next Friday December 2, as reported in this week’s Recorder.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
The celebrations at Hilldene Shopping Centre will be from 4pm to 6pm.
Santa will be in his grotto, waiting for youngsters’ festive wish lists.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be entertainment from Drapers’ Academy and Pyrgo Priory school choirs; performances by the Havering Majorettes, Phoenix Blue Twirlers and Kryptic Fusion.
Face-painting, magicians and circus acts are sure to get everyone in the party mood.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 3 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 6 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 7 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 8 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 9 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 10 Hornchurch gym sees 'growing trend' of members post-lockdown
Havering Council is holding children’s crafts workshops in Harold Hill Library where creative youngsters can make their own Christmas decorations. These run from 3.30pm until 5pm and are on a first-come, first- served basis.