CORRECTION: Harold Hill lights switch-on on Thursday Dec 8
Let there be light!
Residents in Harold Hill can see the switching on of its Christmas lights on Thursday December 8 - not next Friday December 2, as reported in this week’s Recorder.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
The celebrations at Hilldene Shopping Centre will be from 4pm to 6pm.
Santa will be in his grotto, waiting for youngsters’ festive wish lists.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be entertainment from Drapers’ Academy and Pyrgo Priory school choirs; performances by the Havering Majorettes, Phoenix Blue Twirlers and Kryptic Fusion.
Face-painting, magicians and circus acts are sure to get everyone in the party mood.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
Havering Council is holding children’s crafts workshops in Harold Hill Library where creative youngsters can make their own Christmas decorations. These run from 3.30pm until 5pm and are on a first-come, first- served basis.