Collier Row mum’s cruise win
A Collier Row mum will be sailing into the sunset soon, after beating thousands of people in a competition to win a luxury cruise holiday to the Caribbean.
Teresa Barnard, 44, won the prize, courtesy of Antler Luggage on its Facebook page.
The trip with Royal Caribbean International offers a seven-night cruise on one of the world’s largest liners - Oasis of the Seas.
Teresa, mum-of-three and part-time secretary to her self-employed husband and electrician, Jason, 39, said: “I can’t believe it.
“It feels so weird to have won and it’s not sunk in yet. My husband turns 40 next year and we recently started looking at places to go – now our search is over!”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We’ve visited the Caribbean before and went to St Lucia in 2009, but never thought we’d be going back so soon – especially not on a cruise.”
The prize includes flights to Florida, one night’s accommodation in Fort Lauderdale and a set of luggage.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 6 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 7 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 8 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 9 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 10 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
Teresa and Jason decided to cruise around the east coast of the Caribbean, visiting the Bahamas, St Thomas and the Virgin Islands and hope to get away in March.
Teresa added: “We have never been on a cruise and are so excited to find out what it’s like. We have looked at some photos of the ship but can’t comprehend just how big it is.
“It’s going to be brilliant and a fantastic opportunity to see a few different places all at once.
“My husband’s very happy because he really likes tropical animals, and I’m sure he’ll see plenty whilst we’re away. All I’m worried about at the moment is where I’m going to get some bikinis from at this time of year!”