Collier Row mum’s cruise win
A Collier Row mum will be sailing into the sunset soon, after beating thousands of people in a competition to win a luxury cruise holiday to the Caribbean.
Teresa Barnard, 44, won the prize, courtesy of Antler Luggage on its Facebook page.
The trip with Royal Caribbean International offers a seven-night cruise on one of the world’s largest liners - Oasis of the Seas.
Teresa, mum-of-three and part-time secretary to her self-employed husband and electrician, Jason, 39, said: “I can’t believe it.
“It feels so weird to have won and it’s not sunk in yet. My husband turns 40 next year and we recently started looking at places to go – now our search is over!”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We’ve visited the Caribbean before and went to St Lucia in 2009, but never thought we’d be going back so soon – especially not on a cruise.”
The prize includes flights to Florida, one night’s accommodation in Fort Lauderdale and a set of luggage.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 7 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 8 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 9 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
Teresa and Jason decided to cruise around the east coast of the Caribbean, visiting the Bahamas, St Thomas and the Virgin Islands and hope to get away in March.
Teresa added: “We have never been on a cruise and are so excited to find out what it’s like. We have looked at some photos of the ship but can’t comprehend just how big it is.
“It’s going to be brilliant and a fantastic opportunity to see a few different places all at once.
“My husband’s very happy because he really likes tropical animals, and I’m sure he’ll see plenty whilst we’re away. All I’m worried about at the moment is where I’m going to get some bikinis from at this time of year!”