Collier Row family GP gains civic award for dedication to services to the community
- Credit: Mark Sepple/Havering CCG
A family doctor who, when not treating patients, dedicates his free time to helping charities received an award from the Mayor of Havering last week.
Dr Gurdev Saini of Lynwood Medical Centre, Lynwood Drive, Collier Row, picked up a civic award in recognition of his work with St Francis Hospice and the National ME Centre.
Also a clinical director of Havering CCG, Dr Saini leads on public health, end of life care and has been with the NHS since 1975, working as an A&E surgeon before becoming a GP.
Cllr Robert Benham, cabinet member for environment, who nominated the doctor said: “I have known Dr Saini since I became a councillor in 2006. He is a GP by profession and a family man, however it is his long term dedication to healthcare, charity and community work which stand him out from the crowd.
“Dr Saini is due to retire from medicine later this year and the Collier Row community believe a Mayor’s Civic Award is a fitting token to mark his 40 year service in Havering.”
You may also want to watch:
The mayor said: “The Civic Awards are a small way of recognising the tremendous contribution people make to our community here in Havering.
“Dr Saini truly is a worthy recipient, having worked tirelessly for more than four decades to promote good health and a better quality of life for local people.”
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Havering South is one of the best vaccination teams in the country