Collier Row family GP gains civic award for dedication to services to the community
- Credit: Mark Sepple/Havering CCG
A family doctor who, when not treating patients, dedicates his free time to helping charities received an award from the Mayor of Havering last week.
Dr Gurdev Saini of Lynwood Medical Centre, Lynwood Drive, Collier Row, picked up a civic award in recognition of his work with St Francis Hospice and the National ME Centre.
Also a clinical director of Havering CCG, Dr Saini leads on public health, end of life care and has been with the NHS since 1975, working as an A&E surgeon before becoming a GP.
Cllr Robert Benham, cabinet member for environment, who nominated the doctor said: “I have known Dr Saini since I became a councillor in 2006. He is a GP by profession and a family man, however it is his long term dedication to healthcare, charity and community work which stand him out from the crowd.
“Dr Saini is due to retire from medicine later this year and the Collier Row community believe a Mayor’s Civic Award is a fitting token to mark his 40 year service in Havering.”
You may also want to watch:
The mayor said: “The Civic Awards are a small way of recognising the tremendous contribution people make to our community here in Havering.
“Dr Saini truly is a worthy recipient, having worked tirelessly for more than four decades to promote good health and a better quality of life for local people.”
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone