Chinese delegation impressed by what they saw at the RJ Mitchell School, Hornchurch
A delegation from China visited a Hornchurch school recently.
The RJ Mitchell School, Tangmere Crescent, hosted the event for the visitors who were in Essex to study the differences between the UK and Chinese education systems.
Headteacher Barry Read said: “They came to see our Reception class and were very impressed by the independence of the children and the professionalism of the staff in the classroom.
“They have also been invited school staff to visit them in Shanghai.”
The visit was arranged by Edison Learning, an education company that the school works with.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Read added: “The school was very proud to host the visit and were delighted about the impression of the school they expressed.”
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 8 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused