Chinese delegation impressed by what they saw at the RJ Mitchell School, Hornchurch
A delegation from China visited a Hornchurch school recently.
The RJ Mitchell School, Tangmere Crescent, hosted the event for the visitors who were in Essex to study the differences between the UK and Chinese education systems.
Headteacher Barry Read said: “They came to see our Reception class and were very impressed by the independence of the children and the professionalism of the staff in the classroom.
“They have also been invited school staff to visit them in Shanghai.”
The visit was arranged by Edison Learning, an education company that the school works with.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Read added: “The school was very proud to host the visit and were delighted about the impression of the school they expressed.”
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge