Chinese delegation impressed by what they saw at the RJ Mitchell School, Hornchurch
A delegation from China visited a Hornchurch school recently.
The RJ Mitchell School, Tangmere Crescent, hosted the event for the visitors who were in Essex to study the differences between the UK and Chinese education systems.
Headteacher Barry Read said: “They came to see our Reception class and were very impressed by the independence of the children and the professionalism of the staff in the classroom.
“They have also been invited school staff to visit them in Shanghai.”
The visit was arranged by Edison Learning, an education company that the school works with.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Read added: “The school was very proud to host the visit and were delighted about the impression of the school they expressed.”
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 5 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 6 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Police unit for 'high-harm' crimes tackles hike in domestic incidents
- 9 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open