Brentwood teen racer excels at Silverstone and Brands Hatch – now sponsor him
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old is in need of sponsorship to continue his racing dream as another competition draws to a close.
Ethan Brooks, who attends Brentwood School Sixth Form, enjoyed "outstanding" success in the final two rounds of the the Ginetta Junior Championship at Silverstone recently.
Proud mum Mrs Michele Brooks appealed for sponsors to help Ethan fulfil his racing dreams.
She said: "Having shown the potential spotted in him last year when he won the highly coveted Ginetta Junior Scholarship, Ethan would love to compete in a second season and compete for the overall title.
"However, this is budget dependent and currently Ethan is well short of the budget required to compete in the championship.
You may also want to watch:
"The championship is broadcast live to over 20 million people annually on ITV4 and watched by around 55,000 people trackside each weekend and so is a great opportunity to expose your business to a huge audience."
The Ginetta Junior Scholarship winner put in a stunning lap in qualifying at Silverstone to start 2nd on the grid, just 0.012 seconds behind pole position.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 8 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 9 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 10 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
After having to retire despite leading the first race, he and his team rallied in the second and he came away with his first rookie podium in the series, a fantastic result after the heartbreak of Saturday.
Race three was looking promising but while fighting in a five-car battle for the lead, Ethan was pushed off at the end of the back straight and sustained race ending damage.
He carried the "momentum" into Brands Hatch where he again qualified second.
After finishing 4th and top rookie in a slippery race one, Ethan's charge in the second really showed his true potential. Despite several safety cars, a soaking track and fading light, he charged through from 5th on the grid, pulling off some sensational moves, to pass three cars in one lap and challenge for the lead. In the end he finished third before going into the following day where the race was on ITV4. Again he secured a respectable third, only after a red flag halted an epic four-car battle, which saw Ethan lead the race at one point.
If you or your company would be interested in helping Ethan out please contact Michele Brooks on email@example.com and be sure to let us know at enjoybrentwoodmore.co.uk