Brentwood: Police appeal after assault at football match
Police are appealing for information after an assault at a football match yesterday (Sunday) between Brentwood and Walton-on-Thames.
It happened at about 5.40pm at the main gate of the Walton stadium at Stompond Lane after the team’s match with Brentwood.
A man, who is believed to be a Walton supporter, received head injuries and was taken to hospital. Two men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault.
Sergeant Nev Parsons, of Surrey Police, said: “I would appeal to anyone who attended the match between Walton and Brentwood and who witnessed the assault or the events leading up to it to contact officers with information.
“There were plenty of people in the vicinity at the time of the assault which has left the victim requiring treatment from hospital and we need to bring those responsible to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw the assault or the events leading up to it and can contact Surrey Police on 101 quoting reference P12286342.
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds