Brentwood: Police appeal after assault at football match
Police are appealing for information after an assault at a football match yesterday (Sunday) between Brentwood and Walton-on-Thames.
It happened at about 5.40pm at the main gate of the Walton stadium at Stompond Lane after the team’s match with Brentwood.
A man, who is believed to be a Walton supporter, received head injuries and was taken to hospital. Two men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault.
Sergeant Nev Parsons, of Surrey Police, said: “I would appeal to anyone who attended the match between Walton and Brentwood and who witnessed the assault or the events leading up to it to contact officers with information.
“There were plenty of people in the vicinity at the time of the assault which has left the victim requiring treatment from hospital and we need to bring those responsible to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw the assault or the events leading up to it and can contact Surrey Police on 101 quoting reference P12286342.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage