Brentwood: Police appeal after assault at football match
Police are appealing for information after an assault at a football match yesterday (Sunday) between Brentwood and Walton-on-Thames.
It happened at about 5.40pm at the main gate of the Walton stadium at Stompond Lane after the team’s match with Brentwood.
A man, who is believed to be a Walton supporter, received head injuries and was taken to hospital. Two men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault.
Sergeant Nev Parsons, of Surrey Police, said: “I would appeal to anyone who attended the match between Walton and Brentwood and who witnessed the assault or the events leading up to it to contact officers with information.
“There were plenty of people in the vicinity at the time of the assault which has left the victim requiring treatment from hospital and we need to bring those responsible to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw the assault or the events leading up to it and can contact Surrey Police on 101 quoting reference P12286342.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 9 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal