Brentwood: Police appeal after assault at football match
Police are appealing for information after an assault at a football match yesterday (Sunday) between Brentwood and Walton-on-Thames.
It happened at about 5.40pm at the main gate of the Walton stadium at Stompond Lane after the team’s match with Brentwood.
A man, who is believed to be a Walton supporter, received head injuries and was taken to hospital. Two men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault.
Sergeant Nev Parsons, of Surrey Police, said: “I would appeal to anyone who attended the match between Walton and Brentwood and who witnessed the assault or the events leading up to it to contact officers with information.
“There were plenty of people in the vicinity at the time of the assault which has left the victim requiring treatment from hospital and we need to bring those responsible to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw the assault or the events leading up to it and can contact Surrey Police on 101 quoting reference P12286342.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 9 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 10 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham