Brentwood: MP Eric Pickles plays along at nursery opening
MP Eric Pickles played with Lego when he officially opened a nursery.
He made a tour of Little Acorns nursery at Woodlands School, Great Warley, on Monday before declaring it open.
The Brentwood and Ongar MP even sang songs with the youngsters.
Mr Pickles said: “I have had a great time playing Lego and singing songs with the children. This is a lovely nursery and I’ve always had a soft spot for Great Warley. What a lovely, friendly place to grow up and be educated in.”
Little Acorns was launched to meet the increasing demand from current Woodlands parents for childcare.
You may also want to watch:
“We were thrilled that Eric Pickles could come and officially open the nursery,” a spokeswoman said.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 7 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs