Brentwood: MP Eric Pickles plays along at nursery opening
MP Eric Pickles played with Lego when he officially opened a nursery.
He made a tour of Little Acorns nursery at Woodlands School, Great Warley, on Monday before declaring it open.
The Brentwood and Ongar MP even sang songs with the youngsters.
Mr Pickles said: “I have had a great time playing Lego and singing songs with the children. This is a lovely nursery and I’ve always had a soft spot for Great Warley. What a lovely, friendly place to grow up and be educated in.”
Little Acorns was launched to meet the increasing demand from current Woodlands parents for childcare.
You may also want to watch:
“We were thrilled that Eric Pickles could come and officially open the nursery,” a spokeswoman said.
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds