Brentwood: Ford is named one of the best employers in the region
Ford has been named one of the south east’s best employers in the regional final of the National Apprenticeship Awards.
Ford, which has its head office in Warley, Brentwood, was highly commended in the Macro Employer of the Year category for its commitment to developing the workforce and showing the benefits gained through apprenticeships.
Ford ex-apprentice Lauren Bradford was also highly commended in the Apprentice Champion of the Year category.
Lauren was recognised for going on to further significant achievements since completing her apprenticeship and for championing the programme. She is now working at the Ford Dunton Technical Centre, in Laindon as a programme engineer.
Tessa Hougham, Ford apprenticeship manager, said: “Ford is committed to playing an important role in training and developing the future UK workforce, offering vocational career paths into engineering, manufacturing and dealerships, and providing jobs and career progression opportunities for existing employees.
You may also want to watch:
“Lauren is a great example of the success of our apprenticeship programme and she is a great credit to Ford.”
- 1 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 2 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 3 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 4 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 5 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 6 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 7 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 8 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 9 Could you be former Brentwood man's long lost relative?
- 10 London elections: Havering and Redbridge candidates make case for your vote