Brentwood: Ford is named one of the best employers in the region
Ford has been named one of the south east’s best employers in the regional final of the National Apprenticeship Awards.
Ford, which has its head office in Warley, Brentwood, was highly commended in the Macro Employer of the Year category for its commitment to developing the workforce and showing the benefits gained through apprenticeships.
Ford ex-apprentice Lauren Bradford was also highly commended in the Apprentice Champion of the Year category.
Lauren was recognised for going on to further significant achievements since completing her apprenticeship and for championing the programme. She is now working at the Ford Dunton Technical Centre, in Laindon as a programme engineer.
Tessa Hougham, Ford apprenticeship manager, said: “Ford is committed to playing an important role in training and developing the future UK workforce, offering vocational career paths into engineering, manufacturing and dealerships, and providing jobs and career progression opportunities for existing employees.
You may also want to watch:
“Lauren is a great example of the success of our apprenticeship programme and she is a great credit to Ford.”
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 3 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 9 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 10 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?