Brentwood dancer wins east London singing and dancing competition
A Brentwood dancer has won a singing and dancing competition in east London.
Daisy Benson, 11, impressed judges when she took part in the East London Dance Performing Arts Festival at the Campion School, Honrchurch.
Daisy, of Elizabeth Road, Pilgrims Hatch, took home the top medals for modern solo, song and dance solo and own arrangement solo. She also won a fourth place medal for lyrical solo.
The Aspire School of Dance pupil was presented with a trophy at an awards ceremony for the best overall song and dance and one for winning three of her entries.
Her proud mum Marie Benson said: “The most important trophy she received was the Kenneth Moore award for the most promising dancer in the whole competition!
You may also want to watch:
“She always works really hard and she doesn’t assume she’s going to win, but it’s great that she did. She put in a lot of practise beforehand.
“And we had no idea that she was going to win overall; that was a nice surprise. Especially since this is the biggest competition she has taken part in so far. ”
- 1 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 2 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 9 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 10 Application for porch to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected