Brentwood dancer wins east London singing and dancing competition
A Brentwood dancer has won a singing and dancing competition in east London.
Daisy Benson, 11, impressed judges when she took part in the East London Dance Performing Arts Festival at the Campion School, Honrchurch.
Daisy, of Elizabeth Road, Pilgrims Hatch, took home the top medals for modern solo, song and dance solo and own arrangement solo. She also won a fourth place medal for lyrical solo.
The Aspire School of Dance pupil was presented with a trophy at an awards ceremony for the best overall song and dance and one for winning three of her entries.
Her proud mum Marie Benson said: “The most important trophy she received was the Kenneth Moore award for the most promising dancer in the whole competition!
You may also want to watch:
“She always works really hard and she doesn’t assume she’s going to win, but it’s great that she did. She put in a lot of practise beforehand.
“And we had no idea that she was going to win overall; that was a nice surprise. Especially since this is the biggest competition she has taken part in so far. ”
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 9 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 10 Shaken Not Stirred: James Bond fan co-founds group and brings thousands of 007 lovers together