Bower Park School students score top sports awards
Bower Park youngsters scored top awards at a special sports ceremony last week.
The talented teenagers were honoured for their sporting achievements at the event, held at the school in Havering Road, Romford.
More than 200 proud parents and friends turned up for the celebrations, applauding the pupils’ efforts in a range of sports including football, badminton and gymnastics.
Vice chair of governors, Richard Shaw, said: “I was chuffed to bits with it. Bower Park is a fast improving school.
“The evening was about celebrating our students’ amazing success, both internally and externally.
You may also want to watch:
“One young lady who won an award is up at 4.30am to go to the gym and her dedication is extraordinary. We’re very proud. The students have done a stunning job.”
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice