Bower Park School students score top sports awards
Bower Park youngsters scored top awards at a special sports ceremony last week.
The talented teenagers were honoured for their sporting achievements at the event, held at the school in Havering Road, Romford.
More than 200 proud parents and friends turned up for the celebrations, applauding the pupils’ efforts in a range of sports including football, badminton and gymnastics.
Vice chair of governors, Richard Shaw, said: “I was chuffed to bits with it. Bower Park is a fast improving school.
“The evening was about celebrating our students’ amazing success, both internally and externally.
You may also want to watch:
“One young lady who won an award is up at 4.30am to go to the gym and her dedication is extraordinary. We’re very proud. The students have done a stunning job.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 8 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell