Bower Park School students score top sports awards
Bower Park youngsters scored top awards at a special sports ceremony last week.
The talented teenagers were honoured for their sporting achievements at the event, held at the school in Havering Road, Romford.
More than 200 proud parents and friends turned up for the celebrations, applauding the pupils’ efforts in a range of sports including football, badminton and gymnastics.
Vice chair of governors, Richard Shaw, said: “I was chuffed to bits with it. Bower Park is a fast improving school.
“The evening was about celebrating our students’ amazing success, both internally and externally.
You may also want to watch:
“One young lady who won an award is up at 4.30am to go to the gym and her dedication is extraordinary. We’re very proud. The students have done a stunning job.”
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 6 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 9 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London