Bower Park School students score top sports awards
Bower Park youngsters scored top awards at a special sports ceremony last week.
The talented teenagers were honoured for their sporting achievements at the event, held at the school in Havering Road, Romford.
More than 200 proud parents and friends turned up for the celebrations, applauding the pupils’ efforts in a range of sports including football, badminton and gymnastics.
Vice chair of governors, Richard Shaw, said: “I was chuffed to bits with it. Bower Park is a fast improving school.
“The evening was about celebrating our students’ amazing success, both internally and externally.
You may also want to watch:
“One young lady who won an award is up at 4.30am to go to the gym and her dedication is extraordinary. We’re very proud. The students have done a stunning job.”
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week