Blaze of Upminster Majorettes triumph at national competition
- Credit: Archant
The Blaze of Upminster Majorettes returned from a national championship in triumph.
The group of 11 girls and one boy left the UK Federation of Majorettes’ (UKFM) championship with nine trophies, including a third place for their outdoor troupe display.
Thomas Vincent, seven, gained a first and second place in solo contests and was the first male twirler to be named UKFM Mascot of the Year.
He will spend the next year attending competitions across the country, representing the UKFM.
The group’s youngest member, four-year-old Aimee Doidge, competed in her first championship and achieved third place for her solo performance as well as the Troupe Star award.
You may also want to watch:
The troupe will perform their award-winning troupe display at the Kids Activity Expo on May 22 at Coopers’ Coborn School, St Marys Lane, Upminster.
The event is free and tickets can be booked here.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 7 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 8 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?