Ahoy! Havering Sixth Formers’ cruise tour
Havering Sixth Form College Travel and Tourism students were treated to a behind-the-scenes tour and slap-up meal aboard a holiday cruise liner.
The Upper Sixth students at the college in Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch, visited the Fred Olsen Cruise ship, Breamar, docked at Dover.
They were invited on board to see the ship being prepared for a 13-day journey around the Canary Islands and looked around the decks, cabins and the cruise facilities. They even received a 5-star lunch!
Tutor Joan Barry said: “This was a fantastic opportunity and experience for the students. It has brought an inspirational and real life dimension to the Travel and Tourism course.
“The students were able to complete their worksheets and there were experts on hand to answer all their questions.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lower Sixth students enjoyed a visit to Dover Castle, touring the grounds and seeing the recently opened Dynamo Exhibition, re-telling the story of Dover Castle and the Dunkirk evacuation.
If you would like to study BTEC Travel and Tourism and get a diploma equivalent to 3 A Levels, please call Joan Barry or Lorraine Barnett on (01708) 514400 for further course details.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend