Ahoy! Havering Sixth Formers’ cruise tour
Havering Sixth Form College Travel and Tourism students were treated to a behind-the-scenes tour and slap-up meal aboard a holiday cruise liner.
The Upper Sixth students at the college in Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch, visited the Fred Olsen Cruise ship, Breamar, docked at Dover.
They were invited on board to see the ship being prepared for a 13-day journey around the Canary Islands and looked around the decks, cabins and the cruise facilities. They even received a 5-star lunch!
Tutor Joan Barry said: “This was a fantastic opportunity and experience for the students. It has brought an inspirational and real life dimension to the Travel and Tourism course.
“The students were able to complete their worksheets and there were experts on hand to answer all their questions.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lower Sixth students enjoyed a visit to Dover Castle, touring the grounds and seeing the recently opened Dynamo Exhibition, re-telling the story of Dover Castle and the Dunkirk evacuation.
If you would like to study BTEC Travel and Tourism and get a diploma equivalent to 3 A Levels, please call Joan Barry or Lorraine Barnett on (01708) 514400 for further course details.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 8 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project