Search

Two people overcome by smell of chlorine at Hornchurch sports centre

PUBLISHED: 18:21 14 March 2012 | UPDATED: 09:49 15 March 2012

Firemen on  the scene at David Llords after a chemical incident at the pool

Firemen on the scene at David Llords after a chemical incident at the pool

Archant

Two people had to be taken to hospital this afternoon after they were overcome by the smell of chlorine at a sports centre.

The David Lloyd Gym in Squirrels Heath Road, Hornchurch had to be evacuated today (Wednesday March 14) at around 3pm.

Crews from Hornchurch fire station attended to make sure the area was safe.

Firefighters were also called out to a chlorine leak from the basement of the gym last Friday.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Romford Recorder. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Romford Recorder