A Hornchurch nursery celebrates getting “good” Ofsted rating after six months
- Credit: Archant
A Hornchurch nursery is celebrating after getting a “good” Ofsted rating after only being open for six months.
Harmony House, in Hornchurch Road, was rated “good” overall and for how well the Early Years provision meets the needs of the children, the effectiveness of the leadership and management and the contribution to the well being of children.
The report said that communication and language development is “well supported” through staff’s effective use of “good questioning techniques” and for allowing children time to think their ideas through.
It added that staff have a secure knowledge of the Early Years’ foundation stage and they use this so that children enjoy exciting learning opportunities.
Staff were also praised for using observations and assessment successfully to plan children’s next steps in their learning which led to children making consistent progress.
You may also want to watch:
And inspectors said partnerships with parents work well to provide continuity of children’s care routines.
Manager Vicky Palmer said: “We are over the moon with the rating. We have worked so hard to get the nursery to this standard.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
“We have a highly skilled team who have worked really hard over the past six months.”