A Hornchurch nursery celebrates getting “good” Ofsted rating after six months
- Credit: Archant
A Hornchurch nursery is celebrating after getting a “good” Ofsted rating after only being open for six months.
Harmony House, in Hornchurch Road, was rated “good” overall and for how well the Early Years provision meets the needs of the children, the effectiveness of the leadership and management and the contribution to the well being of children.
The report said that communication and language development is “well supported” through staff’s effective use of “good questioning techniques” and for allowing children time to think their ideas through.
It added that staff have a secure knowledge of the Early Years’ foundation stage and they use this so that children enjoy exciting learning opportunities.
Staff were also praised for using observations and assessment successfully to plan children’s next steps in their learning which led to children making consistent progress.
You may also want to watch:
And inspectors said partnerships with parents work well to provide continuity of children’s care routines.
Manager Vicky Palmer said: “We are over the moon with the rating. We have worked so hard to get the nursery to this standard.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 7 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 10 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
“We have a highly skilled team who have worked really hard over the past six months.”