A Havering school girl has jumped to success in an international trampoline competition
A Havering school girl was amongst a group of youngsters who jumped their way to success in a trampoline competition in Portugal.
Susanna Bradley, a pupil at Coopers Company and Coborn School, travelled to Portugal with the Brentwood Trampoline Club for the International Loul� World Cup 2012.
The competition, earlier this month, was one of the World Cup series competitions supported by the international governing body, FIG.
This was the first time the youngsters competed internationally and the team included Victoria Bramble in the junior group for those aged 14 and over, and Josh Newman and Susanna Bradley in the 13 to 14 age category.
Susanna was up against 43 others and was competing with girls from all over the world including and came third.
You may also want to watch:
On her return Susanna said: “It was an amazing experience to compete against gymnasts from other countries and I am excited about doing it again soon.”
Josh, who was up against 22 others was ahead after his first round and continued to impress judges to win his category.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
Victoria was against 40 others including performers from Brazil, USA and Russia. She finished 11th.
Paul Kitchen, the club’s head coach, said: “It was a great result for Susanna and Josh who had to deal with some tough, experienced, competition and it will be a good grounding for possible future GB representation.”
If you would like to join Brentwood Trampoline Club you can call 01277 219915 or log on to the website www.brentwoodtc.org.