A Harold Hill School stars on Daybreak TV show
- Credit: Archant
It was strictly schoolwork for Denise van Outen when she joined youngsters from a Rainham-based drama group last week.
The popular TV star, who was a runner-up in last year’s Strictly Come Dancing, worked with members of Thunder Productions at Broadford Primary School, in Faringdon Avenue, Harold Hill, to shoot a series of clips for ITV’s Daybreak programme.
Headteacher Malcolm Drakes said: “This was a great chance to show the wonderful facilities that we have here at Broadford Primary. We were only too pleased to help out and provide the location.”
The children, aged from five to 11, appeared in front of thousands of viewers last week with the early-morning show running its series of back-to-school features.
The topics covered include how to cope if your children suffer from anxiety; tips on keeping free from germs and where to get the best deals on school uniform.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Ospreay, Thunder’s artistic director, said: “The children had a great day and did themselves proud. The stop-start nature of a day’s filming probably took a lot of them by surprise, but it was a fantastic experience for them and something they won’t forget.”
Thunder Productions meet in Rainham on a weekly basis and are looking for new members. If you are interested in joining, you call Sue on 01708 52245.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 8 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority