A Harold Hill School stars on Daybreak TV show
- Credit: Archant
It was strictly schoolwork for Denise van Outen when she joined youngsters from a Rainham-based drama group last week.
The popular TV star, who was a runner-up in last year’s Strictly Come Dancing, worked with members of Thunder Productions at Broadford Primary School, in Faringdon Avenue, Harold Hill, to shoot a series of clips for ITV’s Daybreak programme.
Headteacher Malcolm Drakes said: “This was a great chance to show the wonderful facilities that we have here at Broadford Primary. We were only too pleased to help out and provide the location.”
The children, aged from five to 11, appeared in front of thousands of viewers last week with the early-morning show running its series of back-to-school features.
The topics covered include how to cope if your children suffer from anxiety; tips on keeping free from germs and where to get the best deals on school uniform.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Ospreay, Thunder’s artistic director, said: “The children had a great day and did themselves proud. The stop-start nature of a day’s filming probably took a lot of them by surprise, but it was a fantastic experience for them and something they won’t forget.”
Thunder Productions meet in Rainham on a weekly basis and are looking for new members. If you are interested in joining, you call Sue on 01708 52245.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend