160 whittled down to 25 for the Mall’s live catwalk shows
�The handsome and beautiful of Havering and beyond found out first hand what it feels like to be a model and strike the right poses on Sunday.
The 160 catwalk wannabes were whittled down to just 25, across five categories, to go through to the finals of The Mercury Mall Romford’s Get into Fashion model competition in association with the Recorder.
“The castings were set up to choose the final 25, but we thought we should give everyone an insight into the world of modelling,” said Sarah DeCourcy Rolls, deputy centre manager at The Mercury.
“The models were given the chance to walk, individually and in pairs, and to pose for the camera.
You may also want to watch:
“Originally, 482 contestants photos were taken at the three scouting days, so we knew the quality of finalist was good. After two weeks of voting by the public, and then the judges, the chosen contestants appeared in Sunday’s castings.”
The contestants strutted their stuff on a runway in front of an appreciative audience with many proud parents taking snaps and videos.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 8 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 9 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
Judge Natalie Johnson, from Sandra Reynolds model agency, said: “The contestants were extremely cheerful, demonstrating an enthusiasm and support for their rivals and none of the diva-like behaviour demonstrated by some famous modelling names”.
The categories are: four to six; seven to 10; 11 to 15; 16 to 29; 30 years and over; and plus sizes.
One male or female contestant from across all the adult categories will win a test photoshoot from Sandra Reynolds.
For the four to 15 age categories, one boy or girl will be awarded a year’s model placement by Truly Scrumptious Child Model Agency.
Each winner will receive a share of �700 of vouchers to spend in-store at the Mercury Mall. Len Dance photography will award each winner a photography package worth �800.
The finalists will model autumn fashions in live shows at the Mercury on October 22 and 23, between noon and 4pm, where 10 overall winners will be chosen.