160 whittled down to 25 for the Mall’s live catwalk shows
�The handsome and beautiful of Havering and beyond found out first hand what it feels like to be a model and strike the right poses on Sunday.
The 160 catwalk wannabes were whittled down to just 25, across five categories, to go through to the finals of The Mercury Mall Romford’s Get into Fashion model competition in association with the Recorder.
“The castings were set up to choose the final 25, but we thought we should give everyone an insight into the world of modelling,” said Sarah DeCourcy Rolls, deputy centre manager at The Mercury.
“The models were given the chance to walk, individually and in pairs, and to pose for the camera.
You may also want to watch:
“Originally, 482 contestants photos were taken at the three scouting days, so we knew the quality of finalist was good. After two weeks of voting by the public, and then the judges, the chosen contestants appeared in Sunday’s castings.”
The contestants strutted their stuff on a runway in front of an appreciative audience with many proud parents taking snaps and videos.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 10 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
Judge Natalie Johnson, from Sandra Reynolds model agency, said: “The contestants were extremely cheerful, demonstrating an enthusiasm and support for their rivals and none of the diva-like behaviour demonstrated by some famous modelling names”.
The categories are: four to six; seven to 10; 11 to 15; 16 to 29; 30 years and over; and plus sizes.
One male or female contestant from across all the adult categories will win a test photoshoot from Sandra Reynolds.
For the four to 15 age categories, one boy or girl will be awarded a year’s model placement by Truly Scrumptious Child Model Agency.
Each winner will receive a share of �700 of vouchers to spend in-store at the Mercury Mall. Len Dance photography will award each winner a photography package worth �800.
The finalists will model autumn fashions in live shows at the Mercury on October 22 and 23, between noon and 4pm, where 10 overall winners will be chosen.