Duo make point
Urchins, Boro hit back
Hornchurch and Romford both battled back for a point in their respective Ryman League outings at the weekend.
After falling behind against Premier Division rivals Billericay in only the second minute, as Walid Matata beat Bobby Smith from long range, Urchins levelled 13 minutes from time when Tommy Black slotted home, after Martin Tuohy’s shot was blocked.
Jimmy McFarlane’s men might have snatched all three points late on, but Dave McSweeney saw his injury-time effort hit a post.
Boro returned to action after a two-week break at Waltham Forest and found themselves behind at the interval, after Ade Cole struck for the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
But their persistence paid off in the 71st minute when Joe Pearman and Andy Edmunds combined for Manzi Mbala to fire home on his return to first-team action after a badly broken ankle.
Urchins travel to Division One North side East Thurrock for a league cup tie tomorrow night (Tuesday, 7.45pm), while Boro host Tilbury at Mill Field on Wednesday.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing