Driver dies in smash
A MOTORIST has been killed after a smash on the A13 in the early hours of Thursday.
The driver of a red Nissan Primera, who is believed to be a man in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene after the accident on the A13 eastbound junction with New Road, Rainham, on Thursday at around 1.30am.
The incident also involved a black BMW.
Crews from London Ambulance service arrived with a single responder in a car, three ambulance crews, a doctor and a hazard area response team where the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Ambulance staff also treated two other patients for minor injuries who were later taken to Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, Romford.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Wennington fire station, Hornchurch fire station and Dagenham fire station also attended the scene. The A13 was closed eastbound until 10.18am and all traffic joining the A13 was diverted elsewhere.
Up to five other cars have been reported to have sustained damage due to the debris in the road before the road closures were put into place.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 3 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
The next of kin of the deceased man has been informed but a formal identification has yet to take place.
A man was charged and bailed to attend Romford police station on Thursday pending further investigations.