Driver dies in smash
A MOTORIST has been killed after a smash on the A13 in the early hours of Thursday.
The driver of a red Nissan Primera, who is believed to be a man in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene after the accident on the A13 eastbound junction with New Road, Rainham, on Thursday at around 1.30am.
The incident also involved a black BMW.
Crews from London Ambulance service arrived with a single responder in a car, three ambulance crews, a doctor and a hazard area response team where the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Ambulance staff also treated two other patients for minor injuries who were later taken to Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, Romford.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Wennington fire station, Hornchurch fire station and Dagenham fire station also attended the scene. The A13 was closed eastbound until 10.18am and all traffic joining the A13 was diverted elsewhere.
Up to five other cars have been reported to have sustained damage due to the debris in the road before the road closures were put into place.
- 1 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 2 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 3 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 4 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
- 5 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 6 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 7 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract
- 8 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 9 London elections: Havering and Redbridge candidates make case for your vote
- 10 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
The next of kin of the deceased man has been informed but a formal identification has yet to take place.
A man was charged and bailed to attend Romford police station on Thursday pending further investigations.