Driver dies in smash
A MOTORIST has been killed after a smash on the A13 in the early hours of Thursday.
The driver of a red Nissan Primera, who is believed to be a man in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene after the accident on the A13 eastbound junction with New Road, Rainham, on Thursday at around 1.30am.
The incident also involved a black BMW.
Crews from London Ambulance service arrived with a single responder in a car, three ambulance crews, a doctor and a hazard area response team where the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Ambulance staff also treated two other patients for minor injuries who were later taken to Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, Romford.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Wennington fire station, Hornchurch fire station and Dagenham fire station also attended the scene. The A13 was closed eastbound until 10.18am and all traffic joining the A13 was diverted elsewhere.
Up to five other cars have been reported to have sustained damage due to the debris in the road before the road closures were put into place.
- 1 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 2 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 3 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Unions provide stationery packs to Barking, Dagenham and Havering children
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
The next of kin of the deceased man has been informed but a formal identification has yet to take place.
A man was charged and bailed to attend Romford police station on Thursday pending further investigations.