Driver dies in Rainham road while waiting for recovery truck
A man has died after a lorry struck his broken-down van in Rainham yesterday afternoon.
The unnamed motorist had been out of his vehicle and waiting for help from a recovery firm on the A13 between Wennington Road and Ferry Lane when the HGV struck his van which in turn collided with him.
He was taken to an east London hospital by London’s air ambulance with severe injuries where he died later.
Next of kin has been informed but formal identification is yet to take place.
A man was arrested on suspicion for death by careless driving and has been bailed pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The road death investigation unit at Chadwell Heath is investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call: 0208 5974874
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 5 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 6 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 7 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 8 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend