Driver dies in Rainham road while waiting for recovery truck
A man has died after a lorry struck his broken-down van in Rainham yesterday afternoon.
The unnamed motorist had been out of his vehicle and waiting for help from a recovery firm on the A13 between Wennington Road and Ferry Lane when the HGV struck his van which in turn collided with him.
He was taken to an east London hospital by London’s air ambulance with severe injuries where he died later.
Next of kin has been informed but formal identification is yet to take place.
A man was arrested on suspicion for death by careless driving and has been bailed pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The road death investigation unit at Chadwell Heath is investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call: 0208 5974874
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 4 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 9 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says