Driver Bob Hyde, 21, died in road incident in Wash Road, Hutton
A 21-year-old man died on Friday when his car collided with a railway bridge in Brentwood.
Bob Hyde, a former pupil of St Martin’s School, died after the black Vauxhall Astra he was driving collided with the bridge in Wash Road, Hutton, around 10.30pm.
He worked for wholesale nursery FJ Harnett and Sons in Stock.
He leaves behind his mum Claire, dad Vince, older brother Oliver and younger brother Charlie.
His family have released a statement in tribute to their “perfect son”.
You may also want to watch:
It said: “Bob was born in St John’s Hospital in Chelmsford but lived in Hutton all his life.
“After leaving school he started to work at FJ Harnett and Sons.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 8 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 9 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
“Bob was a big fan of Rhianna and the rapper “The Game” (hip hop). He had three pet rabbits and he named one of them Chuck after rapper The Game.
“Bob loved to travel, especially to Europe where he has visited France, Belgium, Greece and Holland.
“He loved going on the train and exploring England. He was an adventurer.”
They added: “He was recently made a very proud uncle to Vinnie, four months, who he thought the world of.
“Bob will never be replaced. He was a perfect son and had such a big personality and an even bigger heart.
“He loved everyone and was loved by everyone. Bob touched the lives of so many people he will be greatly missed.”
Two drivers have been arrested in connection on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
A 23-year-old man and a 20-year-old man, both from the Brentwood area, have been bailed until June 11 pending further enquiries.
Police want to hear from the drivers of any vehicles using Wash Road near the junction with Prospect Road between 10-11pm on February 17.
Any witnesses should call the Essex Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email email@example.com.