Dressage Paralympian well-groomed by Romford salon for TV stint
Was it a short, back and side-salad; or maybe a stew cut; or perhaps just a mullet?
Whatever the cut, Romford hair salon, Uppercut, made sure gold-winning Paralympian Lee Pearson was looking his best for TV show Come Dine With Me.
Lee, followed by a film crew, took time out of his busy Paralympic training schedule to visit the award-winning salon, in Romford Market Place.
The ten-time gold medal winner was filming a special Paralympic episode of the popular Channel 4 show, screened last weekend.
Lee said: “I wanted to look my best for the filming of the show and also when I’m competing, and I knew the girls at Uppercut would enjoy having a camera crew around.”
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Vale, owner, said: “It’s always a pleasure to see Lee when he comes into the salon as he is such an inspiration, and although we were shocked when he turned up with the film crew, it was great fun to be able to take part in a show that we all love to watch.”
Dressage champion Lee missed out on his 11th gold medal this week, after an unusually low mark from a judge pushed him from the top spot to third.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 8 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 9 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes