Drapers’ Pyrgo Priory school in Harold Hill celebrates good provider Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Romford is celebrating a positive Ofsted Report, after an inspection in January.
Principal Karen Becker was delighted to inform staff and parents that Drapers’ Pyrgo Priory School in Settle Road, continues to be recognised as a Good Provider following a one day Ofsted inspection shortly after Christmas.
Mrs Becker said: “My team of staff and I are incredibly proud to see all the hard work and dedication rewarded in this way.
“The report was overwhelmingly positive, with only ‘attendance and persistent absence’ being observed as needing improvement.
“This is an area we are already working closely with the community to improve.”
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors observed in particular that the safeguarding strategy in place was an effective one.
Ofsted said of the school’s leadership team: “[They have] maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 6 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 7 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 8 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 9 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
“[They] have set high expectations for what pupils can achieve.”