Doe hints at Daggers stay
Defender is flattered by Crystal Palace interest, but has not held transfer talks with any club
Dagenham & Redbridge’s highly-rated defender Scott Doe has revealed there has been no contact with another club regarding a move away from Victoria Road this summer.
The 22-year-old centre-back has been tipped to leave Daggers following their relegation from League One, with Crystal Palace thought to be in the driving seat for his signature.
However, while Doe admitted the rumoured interest in him is flattering, he has not considered the possibility of leaving the club and would be happy to remain a Dagger next season.
“I’ve had no contact with anyone,” said the former Swindon trainee.
You may also want to watch:
“You hear rumours all the time and it’s nice to hear people are interested, but I’ve not spoken to any clubs.
“I did know the Crystal Palace manager came to watch me, I think it was in our home match with Brighton but, to be honest, I don’t think about moving on.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
“I’m happy teams like that are watching, but I’ve had two good years with Dagenham, I’ve got two years left to run on my contract, I play regularly and I’m happy here.”