Doe hints at Daggers stay
Defender is flattered by Crystal Palace interest, but has not held transfer talks with any club
Dagenham & Redbridge’s highly-rated defender Scott Doe has revealed there has been no contact with another club regarding a move away from Victoria Road this summer.
The 22-year-old centre-back has been tipped to leave Daggers following their relegation from League One, with Crystal Palace thought to be in the driving seat for his signature.
However, while Doe admitted the rumoured interest in him is flattering, he has not considered the possibility of leaving the club and would be happy to remain a Dagger next season.
“I’ve had no contact with anyone,” said the former Swindon trainee.
You may also want to watch:
“You hear rumours all the time and it’s nice to hear people are interested, but I’ve not spoken to any clubs.
“I did know the Crystal Palace manager came to watch me, I think it was in our home match with Brighton but, to be honest, I don’t think about moving on.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor
“I’m happy teams like that are watching, but I’ve had two good years with Dagenham, I’ve got two years left to run on my contract, I play regularly and I’m happy here.”