Disappointment for Romford boss
Waltham Abbey fixture postponed
Romford’s Ryman Division One North clash at Waltham Abbey has been postponed tonight due to a waterlogged pitch.
And Boro boss Paul Martin could not hide his frustration at the news, after seeing his in-form side snatch a last-gasp win over Potters Bar on Saturday.
He said: “We’ve got a two-week break now Waltham Abbey is off, as we’ve got no game on Saturday.
“You don’t want games off when you’re going well, but pitches are getting heavier.
“We’ll try and get a friendly sorted for Thursday night instead.
“Our reserves didn’t play at the weekend and their next game isn’t until the 17th. I’ve got a fully-fit squad of 40 at the moment!”
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 7 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
Romford could have moved up to second place in the table if they had won at Capershotts tonight, and other results had gone in their favour.
But they must now bide their time until their next league fixture against Waltham Forest on Saturday week (November 17).