Disappointment for Romford boss
Waltham Abbey fixture postponed
Romford’s Ryman Division One North clash at Waltham Abbey has been postponed tonight due to a waterlogged pitch.
And Boro boss Paul Martin could not hide his frustration at the news, after seeing his in-form side snatch a last-gasp win over Potters Bar on Saturday.
He said: “We’ve got a two-week break now Waltham Abbey is off, as we’ve got no game on Saturday.
“You don’t want games off when you’re going well, but pitches are getting heavier.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll try and get a friendly sorted for Thursday night instead.
“Our reserves didn’t play at the weekend and their next game isn’t until the 17th. I’ve got a fully-fit squad of 40 at the moment!”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
Romford could have moved up to second place in the table if they had won at Capershotts tonight, and other results had gone in their favour.
But they must now bide their time until their next league fixture against Waltham Forest on Saturday week (November 17).