Diamond Jubilee: A right royal knees up in Royston Road, Harold Wood
More than 300 residents turned out for a right royal knees-up to celebrate Her Majesty’s 60 years on the throne in Royston Road, Harold Wood today (Monday June 4).
Among those celebrating there were Havering Mayor Cllr Lynden Thorpe and her husband David.
It was one of many that the newly appointed mayor was attending over the Diamond Jubilee weekend.
She said: “Over the weekend I’m attending at least 30.
“There is a tremendous sense of community that you’re getting. You just get a real happy feel wherever you go.”
You may also want to watch:
The party, which featured bouncy castles, slides and games for kids, was organised by Nicky Parker, Libby Pinkney, Alison Wastell, Jan Levell and Gill Lee.
Mike Pinkney took over the reigns as DJ for the day.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 4 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 5 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
A raffle was also held to raise money for St Francis Hospice.