Dental hygienist wins the St Francis Hospice Lottery
- Credit: Archant
A dental hygienist had something to really smile about when she won the first prize in the weekly St Francis Hospice Lottery.
Nora Simmonds, 51 had only been playing for a few months when her number was drawn recently.
She said: “I responded to a letter that I had been sent as a previous supporter of the hospice. We regularly donate goods to the St Francis Hospice shop in Barkingside High Street.
I don’t have time to give the hospice as I work in Harley Street throughout the week and sometimes also at a local clinic on Saturdays, but I can give a bit of money to a really good local cause”.
Nora from Barkingside, says that she plans to spend her winnings on a few treats.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “My son plays in a jazz, swing and blues band called The Squintet and it would be great to video and photograph some of his performances with a decent camera”.
You can sign up to the lottery at www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 771433 to buy tickets, or visit any Saint Francis Hospice shop to buy a lottery gift voucher as a present.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations