Daggers unlocked by Kee as McCrory helps Burton to victory
npower League Two: Burton Albion 3 Dagenham & Redbridge 2
Billy Kee’s fantastic 79th minute goal ensured Daggers lost for only the second time in 11 league matches as Burton took all three points at the Pirelli Stadium.
Dwight Gayle had tapped in after Michael Spillane missed a 28th minute penalty to give them the half time lead.
But Damien McCrory, who was released by the Daggers at the end of the season, levelled for the Brewers with a deflected effort.
And the visitors committed suicide two minutes later when Matt Paterson capitalised on a poor back header from Wilkinson before a goal for either side in two minutes from Sam Williams and Kee brought to an end a frenetic tie.
You may also want to watch:
Still opted for the same side that won 5-0 at home to Rotherham but they had to survive early pressure.
A poor back header from Femi Ilesanmi let in Kee but his headed effort struck the left hand post and that started a period of siege on the visitors goal.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Only moments later, Lewington was forced into a fine double save as he firstly denied Kee and the rebound fell to Calvin Zola but the Daggers keeper was equal to his shot.
Dagenham had ridden the storm and managed to take the lead when Jake Reed was brought down by home goalkeeper Dean Lyness and referee Trevor Kettle pointed to the spot.
But Spillane missed his second spot kick in succession as Lyness got down to his left to save, though Gayle tapped home the rebound for his seventh of the season.
After a slow first five minutes to the second period, Burton were able to draw level through McCrory after 51 minutes when he came inside from the left wing and shot, with the aid of a deflection off Scott Doe, looped over Lewington.
And things got even worse just two minutes later when a ball over the top was headed weakly back by Wilkinson and Paterson nipped in to score.
Still’s side had recovered from that and duly levelled after 78 minutes when substitute Williams received the ball on the edge of the area and shot superbly into the top corner past Lyness.
But they always say you are most susceptible to conceding after scoring and Daggers proved that within a minute when Kee chested down and volleyed past Lewington superbly to give the hosts all three points.
Dagenham & Redbridge: Lewington, Ogogo, Doe, Wilkinson, Ilesanmi, Spillane, Howell, Saunders (Bingham 64), Elito, Gayle, Reed (Williams 70)
Substitutes not used: Maher, Hoyte, Caprice, Woodall, Seabright.