Daggers’ trip to Morecambe re-arranged
Club disappointed with two long journeys in space of four days, plus the loan of AFC Bournemouth midfielder Josh Wakefield extended.
Dagenham & Redbridge will now travel to face Morecambe on Tuesday, January 8 – despite raising their concerns to the Football League.
Daggers head to Accrington Stanley on the Saturday before, January 5, and it was thought the club were unhappy with two lengthy trips in the space of four days.
But the Football League pointed out regulation 28.1 with this being the first available date and it’s the preference of the home club from a cash flow point of view.
Alongside that, Daggers have extended the loan of midfielder Josh Wakefield until January 1.
You may also want to watch:
The 18-year-old arrived on a youth loan from AFC Bournemouth just before the loan transfer window closed at the end of November.
Wakefield has been a named substitute for games against Fleetwood Town, Bristol Rovers and Barnet, but is yet to get any minutes under his belt.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 4 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 7 Plans submitted to build five new apartments beside Upminster station
- 8 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 9 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 10 Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre